Who can benefit from Shockwave therapy?
- Shockwave therapy is a highly effective treatment for conditions including but not limited to:
- Tendinopathy (i.e Achilles tendon, patellar tendon, biceps tendon, rotator cuff, etc..)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis & golfer’s elbow
- Calcific tendinitis of the shoulder
Why is it beneficial?
- The shockwave therapy is a non-invasive modality and provides de following benefits:
- Mechanical stimulation
- Increased local blood flow
- Increase in cellular activity
- “Break up” of scar tissue and calcifications directly or indirectly by kickstarting a new remodelling phase of tissue healing
What to expect as side effects?
You may experience some redness of the skin, mild swelling, slight pain or bruising which will subside within 24 hours of the treatment. However, most people experience no side effects.
For more information about our Shockwave treatments or any other physiotherapy treatments, contact us at 506-802-8822 or book an appointment online.